Saturday, September 19, 2009

It’s a Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

                       Beautiful Day, U2

As I shared in this post, I love birthdays! I guess I’m just all for celebrating you and being with family…and of course there’s always great food! So today my grandparents had a cook-out for their only daughter, in celebration of her birthday on Tuesday. It was pretty low-key, but for our family, at this moment in time, it was perfect.

The birthday girl waiting for her guests to arrive, asked for a picture.

DSC_0062 - Copy 

Before you can have dinner, the boys, of course, had to ride around the yard. I found this particularly funny because had it been Bekah or I we would have had seatbelts…Braxton is so lucky to be a boy!

DSC_0099 DSC_0091DSC_0106 

And then after dinner (which was ahhhmazing!) it was time for a few more pictures and another ride around the backyard.

DSC_0120 DSC_0142DSC_0126 DSC_0137 

And then, all of a sudden, there was a piñata!

 DSC_0144DSC_0147   DSC_0161 DSC_0165 DSC_0167 DSC_0180 DSC_0181 DSC_0186

It just so happens that Miss Hannah is mighty strong when it comes to breaking piñatas—so strong that I knocked it from the tree to the ground on my first attempt. So Bekah and I beat it on the ground. It’s an extremely good stress reliever!

DSC_0191 DSC_0196 DSC_0198 DSC_0211 DSC_0215

They have the exact same expression in this picture!

DSC_0217

Braxton, oh Braxton. I snapped a measly two pictures for the two seconds he sat down the entire afternoon.

DSC_0219 DSC_0222

And since I never have any pictures of myself…

DSC_0226 DSC_0227 DSC_0228

Then to wear Braxton out for his trip home, he played a little ball.

DSC_0232 DSC_0236 DSC_0244

All in all, the day was pretty terrific. We were blessed with some great fall weather and even better company. And we get to celebrate all over again in just two days!!!

By the way, does anyone else hate that’s it’s dark at 8?!?!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE that your mom had a piñata for her birthday... sounds like a fun day... in all my madness i will try to remember to call her on Tuesday... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so completely random that is was perfect!! I think that from now on, at every birthday, we should do piñatas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so completely random that is was perfect!! I think that from now on, at every birthday, we should do piñatas!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!