Thursday, July 30, 2009

You Say It’s Your Birthday

Well it's my birthday too, yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

                Birthday, The Beatles

I love birthdays. My birthday. Your birthday. His birthday. Her birthday. I don’t care whose birthday it is; it’s a reason to celebrate. You’ve lived another year. Grown a year wiser, older, etc. And it’s time to party.

Dad’s birthday has always been low-key and casual. This year, his 44th, he decided on Outback for dinner and then a weekend at the races. Simple, painless and easy. And that’s exactly what happened.

Before we left Dad opened his other gifts…and took some pictures! DSC_0032 DSC_0035 DSC_0037DSC_0038 And then we headed to Outback Steakhouse, where there was surprisingly, no wait! Dinner was great and eating out with the Grands’ is never less then entertaining. All I’ve got to say is that I left shaking my head and wanting to give our waiter a hundred dollar tip.

DSC_0056DSC_0046

blog comments powered by Disqus