I have another Great Summer Read-a-thon of 2011 post in the works. I’m setting a goal to share four books per post and I’m about two and 1/2 books in so far! So look for that coming soon :)
Since I don’t have a here’s what novels I’ve been reading post, how about a here’s what blogs I’ve been reading post?
I try and catch up on all my blog reading every two days or so and today there were just so many posts that I just loved and wanted to share! So who better to share them with then you?
1. Annie did a post like this a week or so ago and I loved every single one of her recommendations. Go check this post out especially if: you’re struggling with being a friend or being single.
2. A huge downfall to blogging, at least in my opinion, is that people try to paint this picture that their life is perfect and they have no weaknesses. And I don’t know, maybe they have found some mystery potion,—and if they have they better be sharing!—but I know that there are many days that I feel a lot less than perfect.
Like lately I’ve been feeling downright crummy. So sometimes it is nice to know that I’m not alone. And a few days ago, Shelby admitted that she was right there with me, with many of us I’m guessing. Go check this post out especially if: you’re struggling emotionally right now and for a few tips on how to get feeling better faster. (To all the babysitters reading: you should also check her most recent blog post—you’ll love her humor!)
3. I swear this girl and I are so on the same page. CollegeGirl828 is missing her place (Boston) as much as I’m missing my place (Bridgewater College). And kind of like it’s nice to know that you’re not alone in feeling a little bit blue, it’s also very nice to know that I’m not the only one missing my place.
I told one of my friends that I’ve been having this weekly mini-meltdown where I just want to get in my car and go back to school, even just to drive by. I swear I’m nuts! And don’t get me wrong—I love being home with my family and I’m having a great time with my friends—I just really miss my college “family.”
Go check out this post especially if: you’re home from college, you miss your place, or you love Boston. Also make sure to check out her most recent post about how she’s coping with missing her place!
4. This isn’t a very recent post, but I just needed to share this one because I absolutely adore Laura and I cannot wait to do things like this with my little girl. I will admit, I might have teared up a bit while reading it. Go check out this post especially if: you love children, you watched the Royal Wedding, or you’re a UVA fan.
5. And last but certainly not least, there’s this boy—named Zach—that I go to school with. He is known to my friends and I as Master Creep. This name is said quite lovingly of course; I really need to share the story of how this nickname originated. Zach is a cutie-pie with a heart of gold (that has a few dings in just like yours and mine) and is just as hysterical as Dane Cook—who he, himself, finds really funny.
A few weeks before we left for summer break, Zach started his own little blog after he heard about mine. One of the highlights of my summer has been reading his blog because it is so Zach (not just because he may or may not have mentioned me a time or two), but I love reading it mostly because it makes me feel like I just saw him—when it has actually been almost a month now. It also kind of makes me miss him even more so I guess it is kind of bittersweet.
So go check out Zach’s blog especially if: you’re here right now. Seriously go! You’ll love it :)
That was fun—now it’s your turn!! What are some bloggie suggestions you have for me??