Last week going through the blog-o-sphere, were posts on everyone’s favorite, simple pleasures. Well this week, in my corner of the blog-iverse, I’m sharing with you my favorite, guilty pleasures. Those things we all secretly love and hate admitting—if we share at all.
So here are my top five guilty pleasures!
5. N.C.I.S Marathons: I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot when I come across USA’s mini-marathons about the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. (They have at least 1 a week!). There is definitely a character for everyone; what with a great ensemble of Gibbs, and Abby, and Ducky, and Tony, etc. Oh, and I have my father to thank for this guilty pleasure!
4. The Real Housewives of Orange County: It’s the only one of the Real Housewives brand, that I allow myself to watch. But from the very first episode with Jenna and Vicki and Lauri, I was hooked. And I’m not really sure why, because I usually spend the entire episode commenting on their crazy mothering styles and their ridiculous rationale for decision making. Maybe it’s my fascination with California that drives this guilty pleasure: see this post! Whatever it is, something keeps me coming back to good ole’ Coto de Caza.
3. Chick-fil-A: I don’t feel too guilty admitting this one! If I could, I would probably eat Chick-fil-A, every day! I love their sweet tea and brownies, but their chicken is what keeps me coming back for more. Their sandwiches, nuggets,and salads…mm, mm, good!
2. Perez Hilton and other gossipy things: Oh, the Queen of Media. I check Perez Hilton more then my Facebook; the celebrity rumors (that somehow turn out accurate nearly 100% of the time!), the snarky comments (though sometimes he can take it too far!), and catchy celeb nicknames. There’s just something about Perez…
1. Sushi: Sushi is my Achilles’ heel. Just saying the word makes me want a Philadelphia roll from our local shop, Ginger Asian. It’s not for everyone, I get that, but it is for this girl! And for this guilty pleasure, I happily thank my mother who convinced me to try it!
Well those are my top five guilty pleasures…even though a few don’t make me feel all that guilty!
What are your guilty (or not so guilty) pleasures?