Monday, June 22, 2009

What do you say we leave for California?

If we drive all night we can make it by the morning
And no one has to know if we decide to go
What do you say we leave for California

California, Metro Station

It's almost time. For what you ask?

California, of course! (If you hadn’t already guessed by the title of this post or the lyrics provided by Metro Station!)

Like a crazed teen, I fell in love with Ryan Atwood during the OC’s four season run. I would have died to be any of the girls who were fortunate enough to cross paths with Mr. McKenzie’s character. (If you have a bad day, I highly suggest watching the first, second, and last season…the third-let’s not even talk about!)

I mean who can resist those baby blues??

0039gPMkzykgnnzqwiubTwaP13eo1_400And besides the brooding, wife-beater wearing, push-up loving boy, was the irresistible geek that I fell in love with.

Seth Cohen. While I could definitely do without the comic books and the dreaded pot in the afore-mentioned, fail of a third season, that smile, the laugh, the witty sarcasm. Every thing screamed “love me!” Including Captain Oates.

Adam Brody-88245 adam_brody_portrait-4723 adam-brody_full brody-3 But there was more to the OC then gorgeous boys…there was California. The beach. The views. The houses. The cars. The uh, boys. I was completely in love with attending UCLA: Berkeley right alongside Atwood to become an architect (even though I would have been the biggest fish outta water to ever hit the campus).

So for those four seasons I dreamt of leaving the East for the West as soon as I possibly could.

oc-pier OrangeCountyRegional1 After “The End’s Not Near, It’s Here” I quickly came to the realization that I would probably never ever live in the OC (but I would definitely visit!)

Now the time is here…Miss Hannah is headed to California in just a little bit over 24 hours and I can’t wait! Which part of California? The South, of course! I’ll definitely be stepping a foot into the OC at some point.

I still have so much to do and a super busy Tuesday. So unlike my personality and character, but I’ve barely started packing. Usually there’s lists, upon lists, upon lists, but thus far there have been a measly dos. You heard me, two! I’m not sure how it’s all gonna get done! Ugh…tomorrow’s post: trials and tribulations of last minute packing.

blog comments powered by Disqus