Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Under the Boardwalk

(Under the boardwalk) out of the sun
(Under the boardwalk) we'll be havin' some fun
(Under the boardwalk) people walking above
(Under the boardwalk) we'll be falling in love
Under the boardwalk (board-walk!)

                          Under the Boardwalk, The Drifters

Monday, I chose our dock. While the length of the dock is still quite debatable, it reaches out into the sound and is extremely peaceful. Except for the jet skis that fly by periodically, the only other noise is the  movement of the water.DSC_0001 (2)DSC_0014 (2)DSC_0016 (2) DSC_0017 (2) DSC_0041 DSC_0040 Tuesday, I chose the shops. Dragging the men to the Tahoe, we all loaded up to hit the beach-side shops. My choice was, of course, Life is Good. I grabbed a cute brown top and a bumper sticker for my car. imageDSC_0058I also picked up those coasters that you put in your car’s cup holders; for my side an H, for bug’s side an R. Cute, cute, cute.

Today, I chose the beach. Although we have views of the sound, it’s no place to swim. So we loaded up with chairs and umbrellas and drove down to the horse reservoir. It’s only about a 10 minute ride and you can park right on the beach, lift the back, and hang out. We saw dolphins and the horses came right down on the beach and walked in front of us. And watching the cars that got stuck was more then entertaining; they certainly make some good money.DSC_0083DSC_0068Trying to enjoy these last few days at the beach. Next week is going to be soooooooo busy; only a week and a half until school starts…my last first day! Yikes.

blog comments powered by Disqus