Sunday, August 9, 2009

Swimming in the Swimming Pool

When days are hot when days are cool
In my swimming pool!
Front stroke, side stroke, fancy diving too!
Oh don’t you wish you never had anything else to do?

                                      Swimming, Swimming!

Where to begin? Vacations are exhausting. There are soooo many things to do. My dilemma this morning was what exactly I should do? Hot tub? Pool? Beach? Sit on the dock?

I ended up in the pool. I laughed my way through endless games of volleyball and even some badminton. And then, I chilled in the chair with my new book. And then suddenly, I got this feeling; I knew I was burnt. The three slatherings of sunscreen just didn’t cut the sun reflecting off the pool.

So now, after a cold shower and lots of lotion, I’m in the house, beneath the living room fan watching Ace of Cakes (one of my favorites!). And I’m pretty darn comfy for having a face as red as a tomato.

image

Oh yeah, pictures!

 DSC_0005DSC_0003 DSC_0008DSC_0012 DSC_0011DSC_0009   DSC_0013

Yesterday, Eric and I invented a game. Someone stands up on deck and the other in the pool. You then toss the ball back and forth or, depending on whose playing, the ball is pelted back at you while you duck to avoid it…kinda like whack-a-mole. Then, needing a new challenge, we attempted to hit the highest window---the circular one—and we did it!

DSC_0017DSC_0029 

blog comments powered by Disqus