Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Christmas Catch-Up

The fall semester has ended.

Christmas has passed.

And I’m just now blogging. Thank goodness I’ve picked up journaling or I would have completely missed a huge chunk of my life!

Shall we flip through the pictures (both Droid and camera) so I can remember what’s happened in the past 24 days?

The Semester Ended with a Variety Hour, Secret Santa and Goodbyes

DSC_1143DSC_1171214DSC_1256 copyDSC_1280 copyimageDoes my Secret Santa know me or what?! M, won Best Gift of the Year with my mockingjay necklace! I’m determined to get my friends as excited about The Hunger Games as I am!!!

Home Again! and an Adorable Christmas Play

image

I Made the Dean’s List (spending every day in the library paid off!)

imageOur table one night during Final’s week. Oh finals…

Christmas is the Time for Baking Cookies!

DSC_1296DSC_1325 copy1

Christmas Eve Madness (aka the night of, “This Gift Might Not Be Yours…”)

DSC_1329 copyDSC_1354 copyDSC_1358 copyDSC_1379 copyDSC_1422DSC_1381 copy

Three Christmases in One Day

It seems it was so hectic that this is the only picture that I have on my computer from the day so far…

It was a great day no matter how crazy it was!

2

I think that about wraps up the past 24 days.

In one week I jet off for Greece and Italy with my best friend/roommate, my New Testament prof from last semester, and about 20 other BC Eagles for our Interterm class and I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited. I still don’t think it has fully hit me yet, though! And Mr. Santa Claus even brought me a new zoom Nikon Lens for the occasion!

Now if I could only get my butt in gear to start packing—I loathe packing!

So if you don’t hear from me for another 24 days, you know where I am! :)

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Ah LOVE the Mockingjay necklace!! All of my friends recently became obsessed with the Hunger Games and I just read all 3 of them in the last week! I have NEVER done that before! I am super obsessed now haah...counting down till the movie! Are you Team Peeta or Team Gale?

    So jealous you are going to Italy and Greece!! I am praying I get to go to France this summer but the next summer my english teacher is taking kids to Greece so if France doesn't work out I may have to go to Greece haha! Have a super fun time and take lots of pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love my necklace, too!! Isn't it an awesome series?! I have to admit, though...I really only loved the first book. For me, the other two books slowly went down hill. I am, too! I'm trying to at least get another friend to read the first book before the movie comes out so we can all go together. I saw your countdown on Twitter--I might have to do one of those, too :)

    And I am definitely Team Peeta. I really wanted to be Team Gale--I have even read the books multiple times to test my allegiance to a particular team and it always ends up with me loving Peeta--but I think because there isn't as much of an emphasis on the cutesy, romantic stuff between Gale and Katniss and you see more of that between Peeta and her, is probably why I am so Team Peeta. I don't think Gale was ever really given a chance to be a full love contender for Katniss. What team are you?

    I hope you get the chance to go! Traveling is one of the best ways to find yourself and learn about other places/cultures/people, too. I'm so excited! And I will definitely share pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one was probably the best one, I agree! I did like the other two though! I was a little disapointed in the ending of the last one though! I feel like Gale should have to come visit Katniss and Peeta or something! I mean they were best friends and then all of a sudden they stop talking ha? It made me sad! Also the fact that Prim died! That almost ruined it for me haha!

    I am Team Peeta! I don't see how anyone can be Team Gale haha! You're right though, they definitley didn't give him a fair chance as a contender! I do love Liam Hemsworth though so I hope he can forgive me ahah :)! Josh Hutcherson looks adorable though, and I think he is perfect for the role! I am like one of the last of my friends to read them so they were the ones convincing me to read! It shouldn't be that hard to convince them! Get your friend to read it on the plane to Europe haha! 

    Have an awesome trip and eat good food!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!