Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Photographs and Memories

Photographs and memories
All the love you gave to me
Somehow it just can’t be true
That’s all I’ve left
of you

                                           Photographs and Memories, Jim Croce

So I have a lot to get y’all caught up on. UMW. My new camera lens. A Jello-filled bio lab. Where to begin? The beginning of course.

Beginning with the fact that I treated myself to a new camera lens. I researched, researched, and researched some more, to find just the one I was looking for—one that was awesome at taking portrait shots and one that wasn’t going to cost me an arm and a leg. And I found it! The Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8. It came last Friday and I’ve been finding every excuse to use it! It’s so perfect it’s fabulous. It creates the blurry background and because with my D40 you have to shoot manually, I’m learning a lot about messing with focus..which, to someone who isn’t a picture freak, probably means nothing. But it excites me.

Here are a few shots of my first few days with it (they’re all SOOC):

They included the Region II cheer regionals…more on that this weekend.

DSC_0321 DSC_0324 DSC_0330 DSC_0332 DSC_0368

And a  beautiful, summer-like Sunday.

 DSC_0399 DSC_0392

blog comments powered by Disqus