Friday, June 1, 2012

Wait for me somewhere between reality and all we’ve ever dreamed

Happy Friday, friends! :)

To kick-off another beautiful, albeit busy, summer weekend, how about a music post?

Here’s some of the music* that I can’t get enough of lately:

*Fair warning that it’s the most random collection of songs ;)

The Hourglass by The Morning Of

I am stuck tangled between these sheets / From when you woke up right next to me / We’ll let our bodies break the morning light / A distant memory of fading nights


Gimmie that Girl by Joe Nichols

Gimmie that girl with the hair in a mess / Sleepy little smile with her head on my chest / That’s the you that I like best / Gimmie that girl


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All Your Life by The Band Perry

Would you catch a couple thousand fireflies? / Yeah, and put them in a lamp to light my world / All dressed up in a tux and bow-tie / Hand deliver to a lonely girl

Well, I don’t want the whole world, no / The sun, the moon, and all their light / Yeah, I just want to be the only girl / You love all your life / You love all your life


If I Had a Gun by Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

If I had the time / I’d stop the world and make you mine / And everyday would stay the same with you

Give you back the dream / And show you now what might have been / If all the tears you cry would fade away


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Brokenhearted by Karmin

You’re replaying in my brain, find it hard to sleep, oh oh / Waiting for my phone to blow

See I’ve been waiting all day / For you to call me baby / So let’s get up, let’s get on it / Don’t you leave me broken hearted tonight


Alone With You by Jake Owen

Don’t put your lips up to my mouth and tell me you can’t stay / Don’t slip your hand  under my shirt and tell me it’s okay / Don’t say you love me cause you know you’re gonna love me and leave

I don’t see you laugh / You don’t call me back / But you kiss me when you’re drunk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For some reason, when the summer weather hits, the country stations become my go-to on every car ride. There’s just something about summer, sunglasses, the windows rolled down, driving down country roads, and, well, have country music blaring.

It makes me feel like I’m in a music video ;)

I hope that you enjoyed these songs as much as I’ve been enjoying them as of late!

Leave me your current favorites in the comments and have a spectacular weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. I am not a huge country fan...but have you ever listened to Hunter Hayes?! He is adorable and his songs are some of the most precious songs I have EVER heard!!!!!! Listen to "Wanted"....cutest song ever! All his songs are amazing though!! 

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I watched the "Wanted" music video this afternoon and you are so right--adorable song!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!