You can so tell that I’m doing homework from this picture.
I don’t know what gives it away—the e-mail tab and Moodle links being open or the fact that Facebook was logged off for the 2.5 seconds it took me to screenshoot this picture—because who gets on Facebook while doing their homework? ;)
But really, I wasn’t pretending to do homework. I just finished my New Testament homework and I felt like I needed a little mental break so hello Mr. Blog!
I figured why not share my current homework playlist with my lovely little corner of the Blog-o-sphere?
So one screenshot and some quick numbering later and voila! A re-cap of Hannah’s Homework Essentials Playlist (Of the Moment)!
1) Sara Bareilles’ Gonna Get Over You: Super poppy, catchy and upbeat, this song will have you dancing around in your desk chair. Just ask my roommate; she’s witnessed it a time or two or three. The fact that it’s in a Hispanic grocery store just adds to it’s loveliness—plus you get to practice your Spanish at the end :)
2) Rihanna’s Cheers: I’m not a Rihanna fan so they fact that one of her songs is on my playlist is as much of a surprise to you as it is to me. But really, who isn’t ready for the weekend on Wednesday? Umm. This girl was ready yesterday! Plus it reminds me of my sister (who I’m missing quite terribly!) so it’s just a double whammy of epic-ness.
It’s definitely not a super appropriate song, but it definitely has some good lyrics like: Life’s too short to be sitting around miserable/People gonna talk whether you doing bad or good.
3) Foster the People’s Pumped Up Kicks: I’m still not quite sure how I feel about this song. It has a very cool beat, but it’s lyrics…I don’t know. I obviously don’t hate it because it’s stayed in my playlist for a week now, but it isn’t a favorite. How do you feel about it—it’s on a million commercials so I’m sure you’ve heard it??
4) Demi Lovato’s Skyscraper: Love, love, love this song. This song, the lyrics, Demi Lovato herself—just absolutely beautiful. Such a wonderful song. I like to keep my playlist’s fun, poppy and upbeat, but this song is so awesome it gets to be on the list anyway.
5) Train’s Brand New Book: You already know I love Train. Their new song—picked to be the new song for The Biggest Loser this season—is just as easily as great as my other favorites by them. So inspiring and so very, very true for me in my current life walk.
Here I am, new as morning/Here I am, just like the sun/Here I am, without warning/I’m the one for you
Here I am, you still know me/Here I am, take another look/Here I am, the same old story in a brand new book
6) Francesca Battistelli’s This is the Stuff: I’m pretty sure that I’ve shared this one before, but I had to share it again. Back to the poppy and catchiness that I love, I absolutely adore this song. Daily life can leave us facing lots of little messes from arguments with friends to bad grades and other things that drive[s] us crazy, but it’s not the end of the world. It’s all the stuff that He uses to shape us into the people that we are supposed to become.
7) Teddy Geiger’s For You I Will (Confidence): An oldie, but a goodie. We made a trip to Coldstone yesterday for our scoop of Make a Wish ice-cream and it was on an old mixed CD we decided to listen to and it’s been in my head ever since.
8) Maroon 5’s Moves Like Jagger: Definitely a dance at your desk chair kind of song, too! Try not to dance—that includes not tapping your foot, too! Poor Adam Levine lost his shirt.
Breaks up the definitions and vocabulary that’s for sure :)
9) Liz Coyle’s Butterflies: I heard this love song on Degrassi: Now or Never this summer and oh my goodness I looked it up immediately. Reminded me so much of Colbie Cailiat. Cute little love song that will be stuck in your head all day.
Well that wraps up Hannah’s Homework Essentials Playlist (Of the Moment)! Do you have any songs I could add? I’m always looking for new songs to add!! :)