Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Facebook Soap Box

image 

Oh Facebook. The reconnections, the friend requests, and ever-changing profile pictures.

There are so many aspects that leave me addicted to you; my browser open to you, hours on end. We like to call say that we’re waiting on the world to end.

But as much as I love you, there are quite a few aspects of you I could do without.

I would prefer not to know every time Johnny and Suzy make it to the next level of Farmville.

Or how many different things Billy “liked” today.

My biggest Facebook pet peeve, however, is one that Mr. Zuckerberg and Facebook really have no control over.

And that would be my wonderful peers who chose to post things to Facebook that really don’t belong there. I’m pretty sure that you know what I’m talking about.

The party pictures. The ones you shake your head at and say, “They do know people can see these, right?” As in potential colleges, bosses, and everyone else in the world?!

The dramatic statuses. I mean, I get everyone has a bad day. I have them! But days, weeks, months, and years of dramatic statuses, especially the ones that cause unneeded drama, ARE NOT NEEDED! Because instead of everyone throwing you a pity party, they’re just shaking their heads and moving on.

Comments and things that do not belong on Facebook. Fights, arguments, and various comments about detailed illegal activity, etc. is not something that everyone wants to see. Actually no one needs to see it! It’s your own personal, private business. Key word: private; as in not for everyone to see.

I’m getting off my soapbox now.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Care to share your Facebook pet peeves below?

blog comments powered by Disqus