Monday, April 19, 2010

The Key to . . . Being Simply the Best!

This weekend was FBLA state’s for Virginia; the time for all the chapters across the state to come together and compete and grow as future business leaders.

This year’s national FBLA theme is Simply the Best (one of my favorites in my FBLA history). imageThe Virginia FBLA-PBL spin on it was Fame-ish (as seen in my last post).

DSC_0020

Friday: Mrs. W, PWB team (including me), and J left for Reston. Quick trip. Grabbed lunch at Macaroni Grill before changing into dress. We practiced and practiced…as seen in the following pictures, before presenting our Partnership with Business (PWB) project (30 page report; oral presentation with questions; and had to win at regional’s). We checked out the hotel rooms, grabbed dinner at Clyde’s, and headed to opening session where Princess P was awarded a scholarship.

                        DSC_0029 DSC_0031 DSC_0025 copy

Saturday: Interview for the Sarah Lowe Thompson scholarship; scurrying around with Mrs. W when bus arrives with everyone else; making sure everyone is at their events on time. Surprise party for Princess P, Dinner and hang out until closing ceremonies. Meeting for NLC and fire alarm. Sleep!

                     DSC_0048 DSC_0050         

                     DSC_0051 DSC_0061

I spent ALL day Sunday recuperating!! It was a long weekend. And it was sad; my last state’s as a competitor :( It’s the beginning of the end. But I can’t wait to go to NLC and show that Virginia FBLA is Simply the Best!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the polka dot dress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It was a very last minute TJ Maxx find :)
    I love the polka dots, too...it was the bow, however, that sold me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!