Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Key to . . . Battling Senioritis

image

Senioritis. That dreadful word.

I didn’t believe in it my freshman year. Oh, silly, naive fifteen year old Hannah.

I am now much older, much wiser (or so I like to think) and I have come to know what it means to be a senior with senioritis.

It first  began last year, with mild cases of a similar disease called junioritis mixed with lots of lovely spring weather. I slowly became a procrastinator. I slowly began to be grow into a person who was done with school. Something the silly freshmen and sophomore Hannah would have never, ever said!

Then summer came. I relaxed and came back ready to take on my last year of school. The junioritis was gone!

I did everything on time, much like my freshman self. Never turned an assignment in late. And dutifully attended all my classes.

And then, senioritis hit…though it’s still in it’s more mild stages. I just can’t seem to find that motivation to do the work or concentrate in class. And coupled with this beautiful weather we’re having, I can’t seem to keep my mind on the books. It’s just so hard!

So what’s a senior with senioritis to do?

(I cannot tell you how astonished I was to find that senioritis is defined at Merriam-Webster and that spell-check doesn’t catch it!)

2 comments:

  1. this sounds all too familiar. i suffer from the same disease. haha! even more strange, I have a post just like this one that I didn't publish yet! i should probably post that soon. and in answer to your question...i suppose all you can do is wait for graduation...thats my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah..so glad to know it's not just my friends and me! i would have never thought that i would be a student to suffer from it, but i am :)

    and i love your answer!!!! it's officially 99 days until graduation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!