Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Key to . . . Midnight Memos

I have very odd, crazy, comedian-like friends—one example: you’ll often find that we relate things in life to movies…typically Baby Mama or House Bunny. Today’s post is just that- a relationship between Baby Mama and my life. So if you have ever seen Baby Mama before, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about…

image

In a scene with Tina Fey and the Super Fruity guy, Rob, they share a laugh over Post-its and other notes they write to themselves during the night. Sometimes they don’t even make any sense…like “make everyone a twin” and disgustingly, crazy smoothie flavors.

Baby Mama - baby-mama

I always find it hysterical because I do the same thing! I used to wake up in the middle of the night either remembering something I forgot to do or realizing something I wanted to and then, I wouldn’t remember it in the morning. So my solution? Put a notepad in the drawer by my bed..easy access for late night thoughts and ideas.

I’ve also found that if your tossing and turning, when you right down what your mulling over, you will fall asleep a whole lot faster; I’m guessing because your brain isn’t continuing to focus on whatever had been keeping you up.

And the biggest plus: you remember what you remembered forgetting to do the night before!

blog comments powered by Disqus