Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Key to . . . Abbey Road

Remember how in this post I talked about my love and admiration for Princess Diana and Audrey Hepburn? There is one more person that rounds out my triplet of delight…or rather one more group. And that group would be the British boy band that took the world by storm, decades ago.

The Beatles are on my wall, on my iPod’s Top 25 Most Played playlist, in my car, and their songs have even inspired my future children’s names. That’s why when I was gifted with one of the original Abbey Road records that Capitol Records put out, I was a little less then astonished, excited, and amazed. The fact that it’s the record with my most favorite song---Here Comes the Sun---on it, it just made it a gazillion times better!

I was speechless. It wasn’t until many hours later that I realized just how much the gift meant to me and to the giver! I’ve already started looking for frames to keep this pricy, yet priceless item on display, yet protected for years to come!

So thanks, Aunt Sherry, for the best birthday present a girl could ask for!

image

1 comment:

  1. I agree. This is a special gift and I am glad you understand the real value. Not in dollars, but how much it cost the giver to give and how much trust the giver had in you to appreciate the gift. I think there is a sermon here. Grand J

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!