Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Can You Feel This?

Feel this
Can you feel this
My heart beating out of my chest
Feel this
Can you feel this
Salvation, under my breath

                         Feel This, Bethany Joy Galeotti

It happens to be one of those weeks again. But have no fear, the weekend is near! And that means only a few more day until Turkey Day!

As I’ve been too busy to really have anything going on (how ironic is that?!?!) I thought I’d share something from my AP English 12 class. We’re currently on the Romanticism unit..which is nothing like Nora Roberts. Now I’m in no way a poetry person (I don’t understand why you write something that must be read 2394719 times before it’s understood..if it ever is!) and I’ve read cummings before, but there was just something that I loved about this one.

since feeling is first

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
- the best gesture of my brain is less/than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for each other; then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis

What’d you get from it?

2 comments:

  1. Live life. It is more than one event, short lived. And death is not the end,it is not a single event. Life and death are part of living. How's that for a quick reply to your post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no clue what it means... but i like it...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!